AS/NZS 4801 Safety Policy Statement
Quantum Comms Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring where reasonably practicable the safety of our employees, customers, visitors at our workplaces and the general public who may be effected by our activities. It is the responsibility of all employees to be committed to safety. Risk management will be incorporated as an integral part of our business initiatives and operations, ensuring that hazards are identified, assessed, controlled and monitored.
Quantum Comms strives to achieve this by:
- Abide by all statutory and regulatory obligations. Pursue best practice to surpass the requirements of these obligations.
- Implement this Safety Policy and maintain a safety management system to AS/NZS 4801: 2001.
- Prevention of illness and injury through safe systems of work for employees, subcontractors and visitors.
- Ensuring all employees are adequately trained for work undertaken
- Consulting with employees in regards to risk awareness and identification, including any public safety risks
- Set and monitor WHS improvement objectives and targets.
- Maintain plant and equipment in a safe operating condition
- Regularly review this policy to ensure it continues to reflect legislative requirements and organisational needs for continuous improvement.
- Development and regular review of Safe Work Procedures for all high risk activities
Manager and Supervisors shall:
- Comply with Quantum Comms policies and procedures and ensure employees work in a safe manner.
- Complete a risk assessment for each activity and works undertaken
- Ensure employees have appropriate PPE for activities and works undertaken
- Participate in the review and continuous improvement of workplace safety
- Report any incidents and ensure adequate first response is implemented
- Communicate clearly to staff all safety objectives
All employees shall:
- Abide by all relevant laws and regulations.
- Comply with Quantum Comms policies and procedures
- Ensure the workplace is free from the influence of non-prescribed drugs and alcohol.
- Participate in workplace risk assessment through consultation.
- Advise Supervisor of situations they deem unsafe or greater control measures are required
- Stop work that is considered unsafe
- Report all incidents to their Supervisor
- Wear all appropriate PPE for works undertaken